New Sponsorship options under Minister of Religion Labour Agreements & Visas for GPs

New Sponsorship options under Minister of Religion Labour Agreements & Visas for GPs
May 2024
Nadeem Lawyers

New Sponsorship options under Minister of Religion Labour Agreements & Visas for GPs


Home Affairs announced important changes to Minister of Religion Labour Agreement (MORLA).  The purpose of the changes is to facilitate sponsorship of additional occupation Religious Assistant (ANZSCO 451816). The new initiative broadens MORLA to sponsorship options outside tthe only occupation available under the agreement – Minister of Religion.

All questions in the MORLA request form should be answered as they currently are for applicants requesting a MORLA.

It should be noted that holders of existing MORLAs wishing to sponsor Religious Assistants will be required to negotiate a new MORLA.

General Requirements for Negotiating MORLA


In contrast to the standard skilled visa programs, non-monetary benefits can be counted when assessing whether the annual earnings for the equivalent Australian worker and the nominee are at least at the level of TSMIT.


For Ministers of Religion, the nominee must:

For Religious Assistants, the nominee must:


Standard Short term stream TSS visa requirements apply unless concession awarded on the grounds that the nominee will be operating in a monastic or other cloistered environment.

ENS visa applicants must demonstrate English proficiency to the level of IELTS 5 with a score of at least 4.5 in each of the four test components or equivalent unless they meet standard English exemptions available under the ENS program.

Permanent Residence

ENS visa available after three year transitional period where a strong business case is provided.


No age requirements for TSS visa.

ENS visa nominees can be up to 60 years old – i.e. there is an age concession.

Visas for GPs

The Visas for GPs initiative will manage growth in Australia’s medical workforce by regulating the number of doctors entering Australia to work in the primary healthcare sector through the skilled migration program.

Sponsor nominating a position that will be filled by a doctor who needs a visa to work in occupations listed below will be required to obtain certification (a Health Workforce Certificate) from a Rural Workforce Agency (RWA).

A Health Workforce Certificate is a letter issued by a RWA confirming the genuine need to fill a primary healthcare position at a given location in Australia by a doctor in the following three occupations:

If you require any assistance Call Nadeem Lawyers at 02 9635 7903

DISCLAIMER: The information provided here is only for general understanding and does not constitute legal advice.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Nadeem lawers

Nadeem Lawyers is a law practice with a focus on Immigration, Business & Property Conveyancing, Family Law, and Wills & Estate. We are conveniently located in the Parramatta CBD. We pride ourselves on our personable approach and focus on establishing long-term relationships with our clients. Our team is committed to achieving meaningful results for our clients in a cost-effective manner. We feel a great sense of achievement when we see our clients emerging happier at the conclusion of their matters.